To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- hickory, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Process Tech II
Apex Life Sciences • hickory, NC
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Process Technician needed in Hickory, NC. For immediate consideration please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40+ hours/week - Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineers to develop and implement product and process designs globally.
- Provide project support to design, order, procure, build, checkout, and install equipment in Corning’s Optical Communications global production facilities.
- Support Product Quality Architecture development for new and existing products.
- Execute projects that contribute to continuous quality and cost improvement.
- Execute experiments to ensure proper process and product understanding and application.
- Maintain and improve a safe work environment.
Two year technical degree strongly preferred, military equivalent will be considered
Required Years and Area of Experience:
2+ years’ work experience in product or process development in a technology development environment.
- Use of hand and electrical tools - drills, dremmel tools, and other small hand tools.
- Ability to work in technical project teams in team member roles
- Able to make sound decisions by blending analytical thinking with practical judgment
- General computer and networking knowledge (MS office)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Data retrieval, plotting and analysis (Excel)
- Experience with computer-based measurement or automation equipment setup and support.
- Working knowledge of test equipment used to characterize various fiber optic assemblies.
- This can include, but is not limited to – equipment capable of measuring optical power loss, attenuation (OTDR), interferometers, and microscopy (end-face inspection) equipment.
- Understanding of Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Measurement Uncertainty Analysis
- Experience with optical manufacturing, including assembly process & device testing
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with calibration procedures and techniques
- Working knowledge of Minitab or other mathematical/statistical analysis tools
- Able to interpret and develop schematics
- Ability to work closely with internal customers around the world to meet customer requirements
- Ability to work individually and on teams to execute projects on time, on budget, and with expected results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong initiative
- Accountable for actions/behaviors