**Manager is looking for solid experience in tool and die making. ** Do not submit unless they have SOLID experience. Tool and Die Maker
1. Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications, works from verbal or written instructions or from the part to be copied or fitted.
2. Plans the setup and operation of all types of machine shop tools including EDM department, considering types of material, tolerances, types of cutting tools, coolants, lubricants and machine tool feed and speeds.
3. Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties to ensure tool can make part to specifications. Heat treats as required.
4. Use precision measuring and gauging tools to perform required inspection before, during and after machining.
5. Performs hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies. Uses appropriate hand tools to file and finish workpieces to ensure products are smooth and that they fit together properly.
6. Fits and assembles jigs, fixtures, tools and blanking, compound and progressive dies. Sets up, runs off and tests dies to produce a product to specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and correcting same.
7. Troubleshoot and diagnose dies and perform repairs on tools, blanking dies, compound dies and progressive dies.
8. Must be able to work to zero tolerance die fitting clearance
1. May assist with operating CNC, EDM machine when needed
2. May work with product designers providing input to manufacturing capability on newly quoted formed products.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
2. General knowledge of tool and die design including various tool steels/carbides and their application
3. Able to work independently
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
1. Completion of apprenticeship program or trade school diploma program
2. 5-10 years of experience in Tool and Die making
3. Experience using CAD a plus
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Electronic Dance Music (Edm)