The Hospital Liaison coordinates the services between Preferred Homecare / Lifecare Solutions and the hospital, physician office, SNF, managed care providers, other home health or community health companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for growing key product areas as defined by management.
- Promotes company products and services with physicians, case managers, social workers, hospital personnel, home health agencies and other traditional referral sources in a professional and creative manner.
- Responsible for meeting branch revenue budget by servicing and growing existing business.
- Educate the community and other healthcare resources regarding the services offered by PHC.
- Expected to work with all branch personnel to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Expected to keep abreast of assigned hospital and competitive business activity.
- Provide delivery of equipment and patient training in hospital as needed.
- Assists in identifying patients who could benefit from home care.
- In conjunction with the Account Managers, establishes and implements a marketing plan for the community served which includes materials, educational events and materials, physician contacts, patient contacts, and medical facility staff contacts.
- Functions as liaison between referral source and branch to facilitate resolution of contract and/or billing/claims issues.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Strong knowledge of RT DME equipment. At least one-year full time experience in hospital discharge planning preferred.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.