Apex Systems has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity for a Quality Manager
The ideal candidate will have a BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience, 5 of which in Quality System Management. This position is based in South New Jersey and reports to the Director of Operations. Ideal candidates will have ISO 9001 2015 and IATF certification. Lean and 5S backgrounds would be a plus.
The Quality Manager is responsible for driving the vision, strategy, management and evolution of the site Quality Management System (QMS) while overseeing all of the Quality Assurance Department’s and all of the Quality Control Laboratory’s activities.
1. Recommends Site Management Policy for approval by Sr. Management. Tracks, analyzes and reports QMS, KPI, COPQ and customer satisfaction data trends and recommends actions for continual improvement. Provides customer complaint detail to General Manager and coordinates corrective and preventive actions to ensure customer satisfaction and protect base business. Promotes awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
2. Ensure processes and procedures needed for the QMS are established, implemented and maintained, as well as stop manufacturing processes or product shipments that are not in conformance with internal quality standards or customer requirements.
3. Provides absolute confidence that analytical accuracy and precision are maintained while ensuring laboratory operations meet business and customer needs.
4. Provides direction, leadership and coaching to QA and QC personnel.
5. Recommends Site Management Policy for approval by Sr. Management, tracks, analyzes and reports QMS, KPI, COPQ and customer satisfaction data trends and recommends actions for continual improvement.
6. Provides customer complaint detail to Sr. Management and coordinates corrective and preventive actions to ensure customer satisfaction while promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
7. Monitors cross-functional team investigation and root cause analysis of corrective actions, especially those related to customer complaints. Presents formal responses of findings to customers as required. Serves as quality expert for resolution of product-related technical problems.
8. Identifies areas of QMS improvement. Plans, directs and leads continual improvement activities and actively promotes lean manufacturing methodologies throughout the organization.
9. To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• B.A. or B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related technical field
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience supervisory/management
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality System Management
• Ability to lead an effective team at various organizational levels
• Ability to construct and carry out diverse plans and priorities within specific timetables
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to Email blocked - click to apply.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance