The Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) Specialist provides one-to-one support and interventions to a client receiving TBS and as outlined in the client's treatment plan. The Specialist works with the birth family, foster family, residential staff or an outside agency in supporting positive, strength-based interventions toward helping the client reach behavioral goals. The Specialist is a member of a treatment team, which may include the TBS Clinical Supervisor, TBS Coordinator, therapist, family, Intensive Services Team, school personnel, program staff, county workers and any other persons involved with the TBS client.
The TBS Specialist is an organized, punctual, and creative individual who functions comfortably independently and in a team environment as well. They use a strength-based approach toward problem solving and collaboration with co-workers, parents, and school personnel. This position requires flexibility, initiative, effective time-management, efficient situational analyses and responses, and the ability to articulate the rationale for interventions to parents and professionals. Additionally, the position requires patience and the ability to recognize and highlight successes occurring throughout the course of treatment, and the tenacity to persist through challenges.
Position Location:Lancaster, CA
Salary Range: $18.00 up to $20.50 per hour
Additional $1.00 per hour bilingual Spanish differential
- Must possess a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in the behavioral sciences with one year full time equivalent experience working with children and adolescents in a group home, hospital, SED classroom, day treatment or equivalent setting.
- Or a BA degree in a non-related study with two years' experience working in the above setting.
- Or no BA degree and four years' experience as described above.
- Bilingual Spanish Required
- Valid California driver's license; current automobile insurance; have and maintain a clean driving record acceptable to the organization's insurance company; have immediate access to his or her vehicle during work hours.
Complex Problem Solving