Job ID: 399800
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Build outdoor living products using concrete blocks, and other materials in a manufacturing setting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads job specification to determine material requirements
- Performs various fabrication techniques; glue, cut, grind, and level
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy
- Performs minor machine maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Landscaping, Hardscaping, Carpentry, or similar construction experience is required
- Must be familiar with level, square, tape measure, and other various hand tools
- Familiar with operating block saw
- Ability to read blueprints and comprehend simple instructions and written correspondence
- High school diploma; or at least one-year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to perform operations using units of American weight, measurement, volume and distance
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Lift concrete products, machine parts, and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds each, at heights from floor level to 4 feet high
- Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Laborer / Fabricator - Morris, IL.
- Material Requirements Planning