$125000.00 to $150000.00 yearly
We are seeking a Senior Level Data Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will turn data into information insight and insight into business decisions. responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include data gathering, warehousing, requirements, activities, and design, as well as developing analysis and reporting capabilities. You will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Other items that would make you thrive in this role is the ability to communicate technical data analysis and business requirements alike. If you’re looking to be a part of a well-established Dallas based organization as a High Level Data Engineer, than don’t hesitate to apply today!
- Develop and maintain datasets (making high-level design decisions on the appropriate backing store: eg. Relational/non-relational DBs, BigQuery datasets, etc.)
- Develop and Implement ETL processes and design data warehouse solutions to support ETL processes and data analytics applications
- Write SQL/NoSQL database queries, stored procedures, triggers. user defined functions, analytics functions, etc.
- Profile database/dataset performance and collect/analyze metrics as needed
- Fine-tune datasets to improve quality and efficiency (eg. Tables vs Views, Schema changes, etc.)
- Work with the Cloud operations team to establish the necessary infrastructure to support our data platform
- Own features that you develop end to end, develop and test your code, implement new processes in production and maintain/support them over time
- Drive our data platform and help evolve our technology stack and develop best practices
- Develop and unit test assigned features to meet production requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Related Field - Master's Degree in Data Analytics or related field - Highly preferred but not required
- Strong experience in database technologies and data warehousing
- Microsoft Power Platform, MS Power BI and Reporting
- Proficiency in at least one scripting/programming language to handle data processing
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, and indexing
- Hands on experience developing API and SDK’s
- Hands on experience with BigQuery, PostgresSQL, mySQL (or alternative technologies), and large-scale distributed storage and data systems
- Hands on experience working in the Cloud (GCP/Azure/AWS/alternatives)
Nice to Have Experience
- Professional experience working within the MS Power Platform - Power BI
- Reporting / Data Visualizations Tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Etc.
- Fundamentals-level certificate with any of the big cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Experience with data visualization and Business Intelligence tools (such as PowerBI)
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Data Engineer and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Data Engineer for more information.
- Alternative Technologies
- Amazon Web Services
- Business Intelligence
- Business Requirements