Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking School Social Workers to provide services in a school setting. Travel packages are available, to include tax free stipends for lodging, meals and incidentals. Maxim can assist with relocation, temporary lodging, and obtaining necessary state licensure and/or certification prior to contract start date!
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive (weekly) Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
1. Must possess a Masters in School Social Work
2. Social work licensure/certification may also be required depending on specific school and location (ex. NASW, Certified School Social Work Specialist, Professional Educator License (PEL)
II. Job Description
1. Provide individual and/or group counseling/intervention to students on social work caseload.
2. Recommend appropriate intervention procedures for children who are evaluated.
3. Participate in IEP meetings.
4. Work collaboratively with all staff to ensure student’s needs are being met academically, socially and emotionally.
5. To participate in the development of Behavior Management Plans to aid children who have been referred for services.
6. To implement social work intervention strategies as needed to aid children, parents, and teachers, to make community and public or private institution contacts as needed for follow-up.
1. To arrange for and complete the social developmental study and/or family analysis as related to the nature of the learning and social behavior problems of children referred for service.
2. To plan, develop appropriate social work intervention techniques, and arrange conferences for children for whom social work evaluations have been completed.
3. To assure the safety, physical, and emotional well-being of students who because of abuse, neglect or crisis are determined at risk.
4. Function as a member of the Building Intervention and IEP Team.
5. Provide a social developmental study and adaptive behavior assessment for children referred to the IEP team.
6. Assist Team in identifying students with special problems through staff pre-referrals, conferences, classroom observations, and diagnostic testing.
7. Confer and cooperate with members of the IEP Team as needed relative to case dispositions and follow-up.
8. Participate in placement of students in all Alternative placement settings.
9. Consult with school personnel and parents regarding the management of children with learning and social behavior problems.
10. Provide liaison services between the school, home and community agencies and other public or private institutions.
11. Confer with parents relative to the social history and family analysis findings and recommendations.
12. Report on suspected child abuse cases as required by mandated reporting act.
13. To serve as a member of the School and District Crisis Intervention Team.
14. Provide written reports about students for whom evaluations have been completed or for whom other social work services have been provided.
15. Develops IEP/BIP when appropriate for each child on caseload.
16. Submit bi-monthly report of activities.
17. Attend professional development workshops and required meetings as scheduled.
18. Other duties as assigned.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Fareen Memon Phone number blocked - click to apply
or email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Maxim Government Services (MGS), a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc., is a leading provider of physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and specialty care personnel to Federal, State and Local Government clients nationwide. Operating under Federal Supply Schedule #V797D-30238, MGS delivers healthcare staffing services to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and other Federal Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs). We have gained the trust of our clients and established recognition by placing emphasis on recruiting experienced professionals and offering a comprehensive level of customer service.
Diseases And Disorders