type of req
Seeking candidates to support the Navy’s MPTE TSS located in Great Lakes, IL.
Provide Navy client with information technology support. As a member of the Naval Service Training Center (NSTC) IT Support team, provides management, oversight, of NROTC and NJROTC IT equipment and software services.
- Provide IT service management responsibilities, to include service request management, asset management, account management, File share management, and transition management (e.g., Seat and/or Technical Refresh & OS Refresh).
- Address, escalate and/or track local technical issues through remediation in accordance with established best practices.
- Maintain inventory of desktop and laptop computers, monitors, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Perform Pre-Invoice validation of ordered/delivered services.
- Apply technical and project management expertise in collaboration with other team members to develop requirements, identify tasking, manage project execution, recognize, report and remediate issues representing schedule risk.
- Learn the physical infrastructure of networking/IT in order to understand limitations and help in identifying solutions to problems/issues/requests and communicate infrastructure requirements to NSTC leadership team.
- Attend planning meetings and training sessions to keep up-to-date on the requirements for equipment ordering.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers to include recommending solutions to user’s requests, and training of hardware/software.
- Provide suggestions to improve project execution and complete project deliverables on behalf of the NSTC CIO staff.
- Organize, direct, coordinate, and communicate the planning and production of all activities associated with assigned projects, including configuration management, change management, and logistics/resource coordination ensuring accuracy and completion of all necessary documentation/inventory controls.
- Provide support in delivery of NROTC and NJROTC IT equipment to end users.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active U.S. Government Secret Clearance.
- Be able to pass a security investigation and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Functional expertise with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project
- Able to lift 25lbs, climb stairs, stoop under equipment or desks, walk across campus.
- Navy Cyber Security Workforce (CSWF) baseline certification to include OS Certification
Secret Clearance is required.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.