Utilities Lead Category Specialist
Remote until office reopens. Candidates need to be local to Houston.
Looking for a results-oriented individual to be a Lead Category Specialist for Utilities. In this role, you will work with the Global Category Manager to develop strategies to deliver a low-cost renewable energy supply. You will work with business stakeholders in Health, Safety & Environment, Supply Chain, Sourcing, and Facilities to identify needs and determine demand management strategies.
- Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive power procurement and renewable energy strategy across the globe, including electricity, natural gas, diesel, and water supplies.
- Assist in managing the global renewable energy program to meet "zero carbon” company goals.
- Support the transition of our bill payment process to a new system.
- Utilize utility bill payment programs for bill payment research and utility cost analysis.
- Support RFx activities for electrical and natural gas utility supplies.
- Working with retailers and internal Legal to execute company guarantees.
- Lead projects to achieve annual cost savings using sourcing processes and tools.
- Track spend against plans to ensure we deliver against cost savings goals.
- Own and complete ad-hoc requests from satellite locations that need headquarters support.
- 5+ years of experience working with utility companies/energy industry
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Global business experience
- Strong communication skills including PowerPoint, Excel
- Cost Reduction
- Electrical Installation Work
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point