Job DetailsJob Location
Fort Polk, LA - Fort Polk, LAPosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
Master's DegreeTravel Percentage
Vighter LLC is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Pay
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health and Retirement Benefits
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital, Ft. Polk, LAJob Summary
Vighter LLC is recruiting a Physical Therapist to perform services at Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital, Ft. Polk, LA. Physical therapists teach patients how to prevent or manage their condition so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. PTs examine each individual and develop a plan, using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. This is a Monday to Friday position from 0730 to 1630 with unpaid 30-minute daily break.Reports to
- Vighter LLC Project Manager
- Perform a full range of physical therapist services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges granted by the MTF.
- Plan and prepare written treatment programs based on an evaluation of the patient.
- Administer manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in performing various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of mobilization techniques and body physiology.
- Administer traction to relieve pain, using traction equipment.
Record treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart and/or automated systems.
- Coordinate treatment with physician and other staff members to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of the patient's health care.
- Contact referring physicians regarding patient care concerns, as required.
Perform prevention and wellness activities, education, screening, and promote positive health behaviors.
- Master's degree in physical therapy or Baccalaureate degree in physical therapy for graduates prior to January 1, 2002.
- Graduate from a college or university approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a physical therapist.
- Must possess Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Must be able to pass a government background clearance (SF-85)
- Full-time employee, W-2 status
Vighter LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Finger Dexterity
- Patient Information Leaflet