This position, reporting to the Hardware Director, is responsible for delivering all aspects of Supplier Operations Quality Assurance, Quality Management System and Compliance functions on an on-going basis in line with the Quality Management System and Quality Policy to ensure that the business’ products and services are fit for purpose and meet customer expectations. Responsible for ensuring that suppliers continue to develop and implement best practice that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements and continue to meet quality standards required to minimize quality costs and maximize customer satisfaction while ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. This is a hands-on leadership position that includes direct responsibility for the execution and maintenance of regulatory compliance through process compliance audits, documentation management and verifiable corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead supplier development strategy, designing the metrics for the function and supplier performance
- Manage receiving inspection
- Carry out supplier validation audits with supplier support and supplier product FAI and feasibility studies
- Support Purchasing with the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and risks
- Support new product launches to ensure suppliers are capable of delivering to the required quality standards
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions on supplier quality issues
- Review and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Create corrective action plans to address process problems
- Collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Error Proofing, Measurement System Analysis and FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Review documentation of inspection results at Receiving Inspection
- Manage the Supplier Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Lead quality audits for suppliers
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015)
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality
- Undertake personal continuous training and development
- Lead ECO, DEV, MCO processes, sign off, implementation and closure
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability meets product requirements
- Assist in the supplier approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products
- Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
- Makes useful links to arrive at insightful plans and solutions
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- BS – Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain or similar.
- 5-10 years experience with supplier quality, audits, and continuous improvement in a high volume electro-mechanical manufacturing organization.
- In depth knowledge of Machining, Molding, & Circuit Board fabrication and assembly along with testing and trouble-shooting of electronic assemblies.
- Possess ISO 9001 or equivalent QMS knowledge.
- Experience with managing tasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- 10% travel required (25% initially)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance