Stay Safe, Stay Healthy. Join PruittHealth, where the health and safety of our workforce is a top priority.
We believe family makes us stronger and we are committed to keeping our PruittHealth family safe. If you’re looking for a home, rather than just a job, then now is the time to join the PruittHealth family of providers. We call our employees “partners” to represent our commitment to each other. We are committed to our partners’ professional growth and reward partners who advocate for safety and contribute to quality care and services. PruittHealth is one of the first health care companies in the country to commit to a vaccinated workplace.
Why work for Pruitt Health:
Hospice is not job but a calling! Thanks to our PruittHealth Hospice caregivers, home is where the healing takes place. That’s why we attract hospice clinicians who are passionate about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. Being a hospice caregiver, takes compassion, integrity, patience, and leadership skills. Apply today and make a profound difference in caring for one patient at a time.
For Your Commitment:
PruittHealth Hospice partners have access to a progressive salary and benefits plan, mileage reimbursement, opportunity for career growth and development, reasonable caseloads, and a flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle– plus a great team environment that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.
Position: Nurse Practitioner, Hospice, Part time
Home Office: Anderson, SC
The Hospice Nurse Practitioner (NP) works under the direction of the Director of Health Services (DHS) in collaboration with the Hospice Medical Director. The NP is responsible for the following duties as assigned by the DHS: screening new and current patients for hospice eligibility, completing patient assessments, to include but not limited to Face to Face encounters, admissions, routine visits and discharge visits and all required documentation. The NP makes recommendations to the physician and interdisciplinary group (IDG) regarding patient needs in regard to pain and symptom management of the terminally ill patient. The NP will collaborate with the hospice IDG regarding patient services.
- A thorough understanding of Hospice regulations (federal, state, and local government) preferred.
- Possesses excellent communication skill, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters and has understanding of HIPPA.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards of practice.
- Ability to interact with a variety of different age groups.
- Ability to understand and interact with an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent patient physical assessment skills
- Excellent documentation skills; paper and electronic systems.
- Educates team members on various hospice diagnoses, decline, treatments and /or medications as needed in order to provide quality end-of –life care.
- Conducts physical assessments of hospice patients as assigned (Face to Face, admission, routine visits).
- Works closely with Medical Director and team to promote quality care for patients.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in the development of the patient /family interdisciplinary care plan.
- Participates in team conferences and staff meetings.
- Reviews clinical documentation as needed for hospice eligibility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by DHS, Administrator, and Medical Director.
Minimum Education Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Master’s Degree program.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in geriatric, adult or family practice setting. Proven ability to perform comprehensive, adult/geriatric physical exam.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required by Law:
- Current and unrestricted, RN and NP licensure in state of practice. Board certification by AANP or ANCC, in Adult, Family Practice and Geriatrics or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care. Current CPR certification
- Graduate of an accredited Geriatric, Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Master’s Degree program. Previous long term care experience strongly preferred.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated within 30 days of employment. We will consider medical and/or religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
PruittHealth Hospice is a division of the PruittHealth Corporation, an innovative, family-owned organization. We’re committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted and independent living, home health care, hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy, infusion services, and more.
- American Association Of Nurse Practitioners (Aanp) Certified
- Ancc Certified
- Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse Certified