You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Responsible for leading the EHS culture while ensuring the facility remains in compliance with applicable regulations and corporate standards.
- Leader of the facility EHS System who leads by living our corporate values.
- Focuses on coaching all levels of employees to achieve a best in class EHS performance.
- Key strategic partner and member for the facility leadership team.
- Develops others to improve their effectiness as EHS leaders.
- Ability to communicate complex EHS situations, regulations and metrics to all levels of employees.
- Provides direction to all levels of personnel to ensure compliant execution of EHS programs throughout the facility.
- Works closely with Corporate EHS Team on the development of programs and policies.
- Research, develop, and implement approved policies and procedures that govern the management of occupational safety and environmental practices in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop strategies and identifies resources needed to deliver quality and cost effective EHS training to employees throughout the facility.
- Provides expertise in all areas of EHS; understands their own limitations and knows when to ask Corporate EHS or external consulting for assistance.
- Ability to communicate EHS metrics to a wide range of people from senior leadership to the newest hourly employee.
- Ability to lead complex projects aimed at anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling EHS hazards.
- Promotes safety awareness throughout all facilities by using effect communication techniques and available resources.
- Promotes an activity based ESH program that instills accountability by focusing on communication, education, performance, and recognition.
- Ability to translate their experience into actions that improve regulatory compliance, risk reduction techniques, employee engagement, behavior based safety programs and risk/JSA assessments with the intention of furthering and sustaining EHS at OSI.
- Follows up and helps manage workers compensation, liability or property claim investigations as related to root cause practices or behaviors and assist with identifying corrective actions.
- Represents company during federal, state and local health and safety inspections for OSI facilities or provide direction and guidance to facility safety personnel during facility inspections by federal, state or local agencies.
- Conducts EHS related audits and inspections on a routine basis to verify compliance and correct deficiencies.
- Develops and tracks corrective actions identified through audits, near misses and inspections to closure.
- Helps coordinate and manage the standard work for hourly safety teams/coordinators.
- Dotted line reporting to the NA Director of EHS and member of the OSI US EHS Team.
- Experience with Management Systems, such as ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System, a plus.
- Manages security personnel either through the third party contract or direct hire by the facility
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental science, or related disciplines or equivalent subject matter knowledge skills and abilities acquired through work
- 7 or more years of experience working in progressively more responsible safety and environmental roles in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with manufacturing equipment, work environments and procedures is preferred
- ASP, CSP, CIH, CHMM, CSHM or other certification preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of governmental safety compliance regulations and their influence on manufacturing operations and policies.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence participants and decision-makers.
- Work is generally performed within an office and plant environment.
- Work in the plant environment may be faced with extreme temperatures (cold/hot).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
- Ability to travel occasionally to other facilities, conferences or meetings and flexibility to work non-traditional business hours, as needed, to accommodate our operations (i.e. 24/7).
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
- Behavior Based Safety
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager
- Certified Safety And Health Manager
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2026836
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.