**$1,000 Sign On Bonus**
- Consistently lead in developing and implementing departmental service standards
- Maintain and model an outstanding personal appearance at all times, always in full compliance with published personal hygiene/dress code policies
- Strive to create a team spirit and inspire team performance
- Motivate associates by maintaining a positive attitude and exemplifying the vision and mission of the Welk Resort
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently follow the High Five standards at all times
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures
- Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstations at scheduled start times
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems and/or procedures
- Be on time and ready to work at the assigned times and station when scheduled
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance at all times and adhere to uniform policy. Department provides all uniforms for employment
- Issue supplies and equipment to attendants
- Examine hotel rooms to determine needs for repairs and make recommendations to management
- Conduct safety training to new employees and in service training to other employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
- Record data concerning work assignments, personnel actions and timecards and prepare periodic reports in a timely manner
- Perform all job related duties as assigned
- Keep closet organized and well stocked with supplies, and ensure that the closet is kept out of the walking path of guests
- Ensure that the carpet, upholstery/furniture/in each room is free of debris and that furniture is returned to its original position
- Ensure that all bed linens are clean and in good condition
- Ensure that the bathtub/shower and sink is cleaned and mirror are polished
- Ensure that the rooms are properly stocked neatly and with the proper amounts of the following:
- Fresh towels during check-ins, mini-cleans and stay over cleans
- Fresh soaps and amenities (partially used amenities are discarded during check out)
- Paper products stocked and neat
- All cookware and kitchen utensils
- All china and glassware
- Turn in all lost and found immediately to the department clerk on duty
- Report any accident or hazard’ immediately
- Use good customer service skills
- Assure that all employees under my supervision follow company guidelines
- Assure that all employees follow safety rules
Directly supervises many employees in Housekeeping. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience in recreational facilitation and hospitality. Childcare knowledge is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with customers, guests, vendors or Team Members of the organization. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make decisions that are in the best interests of the company. Ability to be flexible and easily adapt to change. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, field personnel and sub-contractors/vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
- Child Care