ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dress standard, follows the Advance/ CarQuest Store uniform policy.
- Support Professional customers with use of Weblink,WorldPac and other electronic part catalogs:
- Assist Professional customer associates in understanding how to use e-catalog look up and ordering systems; Provide Weblink specification sheets for Professional customers reconditioning vehicles; Access on-line sources when information on late model cars that take special fluids is needed.
- Manage inventory of stocked parts:
- Identifying product that needs to be stocked at Professional customer's location; Assist Parts Manager / Supply Lead with daily stock orders and removing aged product; Help receive and put away stock orders.
- Source and order requested parts for Professional customers mechanical repair processes:
- Monitor delivery times on Aftermarket and Fast Moving Parts and look for opportunities to improve service levels; Sourcing OE product where Professional customer does not have good dealership relationships; Assist in sourcing and ordering recycled parts back ordered or difficult to find parts.
- Follow up on ordered product ETA's:
- Provide communication to the Store General Manager regarding service and/or inventory issues.
- Tracking of RTVs, cores, and any warranties for prompt resolution.
- Attend Professional customer Production meetings as requested by the local Professinal customer management team.
- Reduce OE spend:
- Work with Professional customer Parts or Supply Associates to identify product that is being bought from OE car dealers that may be available through intercompany supply channels; Coordinate product information and awareness training to help Technician's comfort levels that they are getting OE comparable product; Assist Professional customer associates in reviewing cars that are in wholesale for potential parts that otherwise may be sourced from the OE car dealers.
- Identify cars that are in parts hold and look for solutions to help get these cars in parts ready.
- Review the Pending list of cars coming into to be reconditioned and verify that the basic market basket of product is available in stock.
- Manage hardware program:
- Identifying product that needs to be stocked at Professional Customer / serving CARQUEST store; Check stock levels and prepare suggested stock orders twice a week or more as needed; Help receive and put away hardware orders.
- Provide Feedback regarding any issues, concerns, and opportunities to Professional customer management team.
- Anticipate Professional customer needs and offer potential solutions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ASE certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Product Information Management