To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77054
- Jennifer Forte
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Buyer, Houston, TX
Kelly Engineering Resources • Houston, TX
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Buyer, Houston, TX
6-Month W2 Contract vial Kelly Services
- Performs a variety of purchasing duties.
- Maintains records and files pertinent to purchasing information.
- Purchases routine, non-discretionary materials and supplies.
- Compiles, records, and tracks pertinent purchasing data.
- Compiles, records and tracks purchasing activities and pricing data.
- Checks deliveries of material ordered and shipments received.
- Within prescribed limits takes actions to ensure on-time delivery of material.
- Coordinates return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
- Responds to requests for purchasing data and status of material activities.
- Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed.
- Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, schedules and expedites.
- Meets individual performance goals as defined in annual objective.
Speaks fluent English
Communication Proficiency. Technical Capacity. Ethical Conduct. Collaboration skills. Time Management. Attention to Detail
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of directly related experience
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.