Cook Position Summary:
Under the direction of the Culinary Director, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, Assisting the Culinary Director in the overall functioning of the dietary department.
Primary Responsibilities for Cook:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is available for our residents.
- Responsible for knowing all information in the employee-handbook.
- Responsible for maintaining proper/hygienic food handling techniques and the overall sanitation requirements of a food service area and the personnel.
- Responsible for setting up food and supplies for special events in coordination with the building Executive Director and Lifestyle Director.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitary conditions in dining room areas.
- Responsible for overseeing the proper use of all dietary equipment.
- Responsible for carrying out any emergency procedures required during shift.
- Notes and reports areas or articles in need of repair.
- Engage in prospective resident visits.
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by Culinary Director or Executive Director.
- All Assistant Cooks must obtain and maintain a Serve Safe Certification.
Founded in 1979, American House Senior Living Communities’ vision is to provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable for retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has endured for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a number of senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve, providing an environment that fosters meaningful relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior housing company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder value, with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided by compassionate people.