What you will love
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win everywhere, every day and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through our strategic focus on buildings.
What you will do
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- We embrace diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in accordance with Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) principles, corporate policies and procedures, and plant operations with an emphasis on benefits, performance review, and training. Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, safety and health, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies of a manufacturing facility in Parson, KS How you will do it
- Conduct hourly recruitment for open positions following established process, in accordance with Affirmative Action requirements.
- Maintain required documentation, including electronic documentation, supporting Affirmative Action, Leaves of Absence including Family Medical Leaves, Attendance, Vacation, and Positive Performance.
- Conduct new hire onboarding and orientation using corporate standardized onboarding material
- Create and maintain personnel records.
- Support the administration of employee handbook or union contract
- Assist with Plant compliance with Federal and State employment and Labor Laws
- Provide training and support for e-tools, including HR Atlas, Workday, Share point, Performance Management, and Survey Action Planning
- Direct the efforts of outside vendors
- May direct the work of others including support staff
- Formulate human resources projects
- May influence and make recommendations to management.
- Perform related duties as assigned
What we look for Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or related field is required
- HR experience working in a manufacturing facility/environment is preferable; minimum of 3 years working in some aspect of HR (staffing experience is a big plus)
- Demonstrated willingness to actively pursue continuing education related to field
- Staffing/recruiting, staffing agency experience is a strong preference
- Experience as a human resources generalist in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Union experience preferred
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems