Kforce has a client that is seeking a Sr. Test Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ).
This position will be responsible for the development and technical support of all testing activities.
Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified components/products.
- The Test Engineer develops test plans and fixtures for testing of components, assemblies and/or products to meet customer's demand
- Analyzes and communicates product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine proper test methods that will meet/exceed the customer's expectations
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or testing layout with detailed test plans
- Plans and develops experimental test programs through analytical assessments with product engineering
- Provides technical support and guidance to test technicians to ensure on time completion of testing activities
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and determines appropriate testing
- Develops reporting tools and statistical analysis techniques to communicate testing results to inter-departmental stakeholders
- Leads the design, development and implementation of test fixtures and equipment
- Supports project and departmental budgetary plans to ensure all testing activities meet the standards and requirements set
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 3-6 years of mechanical test experience
- Experience using control programs such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic, Python or C++
- Understanding of regulatory requirements such as UL, USEPA, CARB, CSA, CE
- Ability to develop test fixtures based on defined test requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and product lifecycle management programs such as Teamcenter
- Knowledge of 3D modeling programs such as Solidworks, Solid Edge or NX/UG
Test Engineer must be able to coordinate or lead employees among different levels of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate analytical reasoning and solution-focus problem solving
- Proven ability to present effectively to executive and non-executive audiences
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Basic machining skills are a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Computer Control Systems
Proportional Integral Derivative (Closed Loop Control)