To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Talleyville, DE 19803
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
*Senior Accountant, Consolidation- Wilmington DE
Solenis • Talleyville, DE
Posted 4 days ago
Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com |Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
This position reports to the Supervisor - Global Consolidation and Reporting. The Senior Accountant - Consolidation will be responsible to perform aspects of the monthly close and global consolidation function which includes interacting with all global entities to obtain standardized inputs to report global financial results according to US GAAP. A strong understanding of US GAAP, consolidation, and financial reporting is required. This position will also be responsible to assist in maintenance and administration of the company’s consolidation and reporting system, OneStream.
Special Projects - This role will assist in the team’s effort to administer and organize the monthly processes for intercompany reconciliations and account reconciliations. Additionally, the role will help to further implement and roll OneStream out to the global accounting and business analysis functions.
- Consolidation and close
- Serve a significant role in the monthly close process within Solenis’ consolidation and reporting system - OneStream. Coordinate close activities with the global team, work with Master Data to resolve mapping issues, document the close process to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform aspects of the month and quarter-end closings – prepare journal entries, roll-forwards, and analytical reviews of special accounts.
- Be an active partner and administrator of the global intercompany reconciliation process on a monthly basis
- Help administrate the Account Reconciliation Manager function within OneStream
- Implement close process improvements for timeliness of close and accuracy of results
- Maintain positive and strong relationships with global business and functional counterparts
- Analysis and reporting
- Review activity & balances of key accounts (intangible assets, equity, Intercompany loans, PP&E, etc.) – prepare correcting journal entries as needed
- Prepare roll forwards to summarize key account activity
- Internal controls
- Document a wide array of process and control narratives
- Review the global Account Reconciliation Manager for completeness / accuracy
- Monitor global compliance with other key controls in finance as they are developed
- Complete special projects as assigned by Supervisor / Assistant Controller.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or working toward CPA preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of financial accounting / consolidations experience
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with an ERP system (SAP) or Consolidation system (OneStream, Hyperion)
- Ability to learn various software such as SAP, OneStream, and other reporting tools
- Strong US GAAP experience
- Proven ability to identify issues and make recommendations to improve process/procedure to correct the root cause
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Adaptable, strong team player with outstanding communication skills and ability to work with all functional areas
- Ability to function in a fast paced, process-based, customer-focused environment.
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities and make self-directed decisions
- Strong teamwork/leadership skills promoting a positive team-based environment
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels within and outside of the organization in a professional manner.
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled. Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701. #LI-JD1