Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard / Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
The District Manager (DM) is responsible for driving overall growth in their assigned territory. They will manage distributor relationships to drive growth across the entire ITW Welding portfolio. The DM will create top-of-mind awareness and drive new business development targeting end-user customers, representing the entire portfolio of ITW welding products and pulling those sales through the distributor partner. This role will lead the account planning process in the territory.
This position is based out of Baton Rouge or New Orleans, LA and the territory coverage will cover South Louisiana.
- Manage local distribution relationships to create ITW advocacy and collaborate on strategies that drive growth for ITW and our distributor partners.
- Implements distributor training programs that include ITW product knowledge, marketing initiatives, and business processes.
- Create and implement account plans and associated action plans with strategic end users and distributor partners to aggressively grow ITW sales and market share; leverage technical specialists and distribution resources as part of the account plan strategy to convert and win business.
- Manage a continuous pipeline of sales opportunities through prospecting of new and expanded business opportunities; consistently tracking progress and moving opportunities forward; status of win/loss tracked in the company CRM system.
- Influences top decision makers in key accounts on the product value proposition aligned to the customer pain points and business issues; excels at personalizing the value for the account based on the business need.
- Manage, organize, and/or conduct product trials & demonstrations to support conversions & cross-sell opportunities; leverage technical specialists where necessary to maximize conversion potential.
- Effective communication at all levels; builds strategic relationships internally and externally.
- Effectively manages assigned territory and prioritizes through an 80/20 mindset of key accounts and activities; effectively leverages internal & external resources.
- Technical Certificate, Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Business Discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience; selling on value and demonstrating commercial & industrial products.
- Previous experience with industrial distribution channels.
- Technical aptitude to be able to sell the full ITW product portfolio, preferably in the welding process.
- Ability to build effective account plans, manage sales opportunities, and effective account management.
- Strong ability to communicate the value offering to all levels of end user management.
- Strong value selling skills with the ability to convert new business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and CRM system.
- Strong communication, presentation, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel overnight at least 50%.
Assign Work Position
Ensuring Company Policies
Multi Store Management