To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Vaco - Birmingham
- Phone: 205-414-9599
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vaco Staffing • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vaco is currently in search of an Accounting Assistant to support a Birmingham based client's accounting department. This position is a full cycle, high volume A/P role.
This company has very low turnover and prides itself on being a mid-sized company with a small-company, family-oriented mindset. Positions at this company are highly coveted and do not come open often. This is the perfect opportunity to get your foot in the door and find the work/life balance that everyone wants.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and make approval prior to payment
- Sort and match invoices and check requests
- Set invoices up for payment
- Process check requests
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and/or payment terms
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Assist in month end closing
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Vendor file maintenance
- Produce monthly reports
- 2+ years in a progressive Accounts Payable role with excellent professional references
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is preferred
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to go the "extra mile"
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES. #ATR
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
We are shaping the future here at Vaco! If you would like to join Apply below.
Do you know someone who is the right fit? Call today and learn more about the Vaco referral program.
Connect with Vaco online!