Cost Engineer – Metro/Transit/Rail
Our California Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have more than five years of experience with cost management, including two years of experience related to transit or rail systems / infrastructure and ideally some knowledge of scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, we want to hear from you! We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure to grow their career with us! This position is located at our client site in North-Central California. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould offering robust benefits. About Us
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA. Responsibilities
• Monitors construction progress against planned and prepares and issues accurate and contemporary cost reports and cash flow as part of the project reporting requirements.
• With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders for entitlement and compliance with the contract in accordance with the client’s approval process.
• Reviews and tracks all payment applications against physical progress of the work for the project.
• Where applicable, provides overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
• Attends the biweekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
• Provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
• Carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
• Reviews the contractors close out administration to ensure that they meet their contractual requirements.
• Contributes to project Risk analysis and helps compile project Risk register.
• Maintains accurate and current records relating to all aspects of project cost, including change order register, payment application tracking, invoice tracking, accruals and project risk. Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• Five years’ relevant experience
• Must have strong cost management and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations.
• Must have experience in developing budgets, cash flows, and project cost monitoring and reporting.
• OSHA 10 hour preferred.
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience with cost management software, Excel, Power BI / data bases. Benefits
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous timeoff benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highlyregarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply.
Please view Atkins [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cost Engineer – Metro/Transit/Rail
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cost Engineer – Metro/Transit/Rail
to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Earned Value Management
Complex Problem Solving