To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roseville, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Onsite EAP Counselor (Per Diem) - Roseville, CA
UnitedHealth Group • Roseville, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The On-site EAP Counselor is a professional position responsible for providing onsite clinical services to a dedicated customer. Responsibilities range from assessment and referral, management consultations, training, and critical incident response. An on-site counselor may also provide consultation to HR, program managers and supervisors on workplace and organizational issues.
***This is a per diem role for a total of 8 hours per week. Days/hours are flexible.***
- Conduct clinical and solution focused assessments; time limited counseling; helping clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Assess and refer to appropriate programs and services including but not limited to: Work life, behavioral health, substance abuse/chemical dependency and community-based resources
- Provide EAP authorization for members needing ongoing/additional counseling services
- Provide limited after care monitoring (following up with employees and/or providers to ensure the safety of employees, continuation of treatment, etc.)
- Assist with development of workplace policies and procedures (e.g. Workplace violence prevention, FMLA issues, Impaired Employee issues) as needed
- Provide manager consultation services on a variety of work-related issues such as; performance management, trauma impacting the workplace, organizational change, individual employee crisis intervention, coaching, and Work-life issues
- Provide crisis intervention and management support in response to Critical Incidents
- Conduct on-site training services for managers and employees (e.g. wellness seminars, Health fairs, Lunch & Learns)
- Participate in monthly 1 on 1's, team meetings, and other customer meetings as required
- Utilize UHG computer to accurately and thoroughly document member contact/case documentation accessing appropriate clinical case management system(s) within departmental time frame
- Follow internal ethical and regulatory privacy policies such as HIPAA, maintain confidentiality and private health information of members. Follows state and federal licensing practices
- Other projects as assigned by manager
- Masters / Doctoral degree in a recognized behavioral health discipline
- Current, unrestricted license at the independent practice level in your state of residence
- 3+ years experience in a behavioral health setting
- Ability to work onsite as needed
- Previous EAP experience
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications
- Experience in settings such as managed care, private or public clinics, with emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency, and work place issues.
- Training in EAP, workplace and organizational dynamics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required and the ability to work effectively among different levels of management and personnel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage stressful situations and multiple competing priorities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP, CEAP, Employee Assistance, Psychologist, Social Worker, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Therapist, Counselor, LCPC, LP, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Roseville, Sacramento, CA
Job ID: 2551_822917
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.