To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Geismar, LA 70734
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional S&ES Specialist
Praxair-Global Hydrogen • Geismar, LA
Posted 2 months ago
Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
REGIONAL S&ES SAFETY SPECIALIST
With annual sales over $10 billion, Praxair, Inc. is a global, Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, and specialty gases, high performance coatings, and related services and technologies.
Praxair is currently seeking a Regional Safety & Environmental Specialist for SELA (Southeast Louisiana Enclave) US HyCO plants. This position will be based out of the Praxair Geismar location. The candidate will report to the US HyCO S&ES Director located in The Woodlands, Texas and will have direct safety and environmental support responsibility for Decatur, AL, Charleston, TN and four Louisiana plants (Geismar – 2, St. Charles and Convent).
This position will also provide additional safety and environmental services within the Global HyCO Business as assigned by Management.
Collaborates with employees and supervisors to identify and correct potential safety and health hazards and environmental situations, and provides compliance assurance and assistance from a tactical standpoint to specific areas of responsibility. Implements safe and environmentally-compliant standard work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through safety and environmental inspections. Assures compliance with organizational and government environmental, health and safety standards including pipeline safety regulations. Monitors organizational environmental, safety and health performance, and provides employee safety and environmental training and compliance tools.
This professional position applies safety and environmental knowledge covering all safety and environmental areas, personnel safety, operational process safety, and environmental for one plant, in order to protect the health and safety of all company employees, as well as the surrounding communities and environments in which the company operates. Provides leadership, guidance and assistance in the prevention/control of accidents and incidents to specific areas of responsibility.
This position reports into the Global HyCO S&ES Director
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
5 - 10 years of Safety/Environmental/Health experience
Operational Safety (PSM/RMP) experience working
The following are preferred:
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification
Proficiency in Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
Computer experience required with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
OSHA Authorized Trainer for OSHA 10 hr and 30 safety courses for General or Construction Industry
This position operates in both an office and field environment and requires 30% travel with overnight stays.
- Work with line management to ensure support is provided in achieving zero/zero performance goals in safety, health and environmental applied to plant and pipeline operations/maintenance.
- Implements safe and environmentally compliant standard work practices with line personnel.
- Identify opportunities to improve safety performance and take proactive actions to implement.
- Monitor local OSHA (e.g. PSM), EPA, State and ISO requirements and standards along with company policies and standards to ensure compliance.
- Support all accident/incident investigation, reporting and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Prepare and submit environmental reports as required by regulations and permits.
- Provides active support to locations by training employees on requirements and assisting the site to ensure environmental permit compliance, and developing environmental and safety compliance assistance tools.
- Support sites during internal and external audits and assessments.
- Support sites with regulatory agencies and third party groups, LEPC, mutual aid organizations, etc.
- Have working knowledge of OSHA regulations including PSM/RMP and State safety regulations with the capability to implement and monitor them.
- Actively monitor compliance to all areas of safety through field safety inspections.
- Provide support for emergency response and drill preparation.