To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Energy Systems Group, LLC • Denver, CO
Posted 23 days ago
The primary purpose of the Account Executive, Federal position is to generate new business by utilizing a consultative sales approach to develop leads and relationships with potential utility and federal clients leading to new revenue business with appropriate gross margins. Account Executives will be working in a virtual capacity and must discover and understand utility and federal customers’ needs and concerns and, working closely with the operations team, translate those into feasible, installable solutions. The AE's communicate directly with both the Company’s and the prospective customers’ leadership, engineers, project managers, contract specialists and other technical representatives. In addition, Account Executives will be involved in development of financial solutions for the customer and engaging market segment customer leadership to understand strategic opportunities as input to the Federal Business Unit long term plans and targets.
- Prospect for new business, including working trade shows, researching via publications and the Web, involvement with numerous organizations such as; Federal agencies and support organizations, making cold calls and more
- Develop thorough knowledge of renewable energy industry, structure, opportunities, trends, and issues
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate full scope of solutions to meet customer business goals and achieve sales objectives, volume, and market share
- Open communication lines with customer to understand needs and concerns and ensure that our solutions are in accordance with their goals
- Analyze all operational costs incurred by the customer that can be eliminated by implementing a Strategic Energy Master Plan
- Meet standards for activities and results, including number of first calls, number of letters of authorization or intent, amount of sales and, ultimately, gross margin dollar goals
- Prepare and present professional proposals addressing all of the customers’ needs and concerns, including a financial proposal
- Maintains customer contact throughout installation period to resolve any additional needs and concerns that may arise
- Maintains proper documentation and produces required reports
- Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity
- Coordinate with state and federal government regulatory agencies when required
- Occasionally help analyze customer’s infrastructure
- Performs all other duties assigned by management
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the contiguous United States
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field and ten or more (5+) years' energy services related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at Energy Systems Group, as well as with external organizations and customers
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to compose and write proposals, reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Effective and successful consultative sales development, negotiation, and closing techniques
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships
ESTIMATED TIME ALLOCATION
Business travel approximately 40 - 60%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Energy Systems Group reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including main accountabilities, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”
Energy Systems Group prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Energy Systems Group to implement opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status, as embodied in federal, state, and local legislation. Equal employment is a part of all of our personnel policies and practices, including but not limited to, all hiring, placement, promotions, transfers, advertising, training, and termination policies.