To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lenexa, KS 66214
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
District Operations Manager - Lenexa, KS
Sears Home Services • Lenexa, KS
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB SCOPE: The District Manager, Operations is responsible for supporting production operations for a specific District office with approximately $9 million in annual sales and installing over 2,000 projects.
JOB SUMMARY: The District Manager, Operations is responsible for ensuring the timely and cost efficient installation of the company's products in the members' homes located in their District. This includes the management of their production associates. Activities include adhering to implemented leadership directives regarding the installation of the products, management of the contractor (1099) workforce, following contract specifications, minimizing the cost of installation while meeting and exceeding member expectation in terms of time, quality, communication of the job. This position will ensure partnership with the Sales team to address contract issues, product pricing, and product availability.
* Manages the District installation function of both interior and exterior product lines of the Sears Home Improvement business to ensure that targets are met (backlog conversion rate, quality scores, product cycle time and Gross Profit Margin)
* Manages Project Coordinators by providing guidance and assistance in the installation process for jobs in progress from start to finish and manages the District Administrators to ensure all required documentation is completed for each completed job
* Ensures proper permits and licenses for all jobs in their product lines have been obtained and are continually maintained
* Ensures that all sub-contractors used in the district carry the required insurance coverage and remains current (non-expired)
* Monitors performance of inventory variance targets and appropriate inventory levels, makes improvement recommendations in regards to Quality scores, and works with Service Department as needed to resolve outstanding customer service issues
* Oversees communications with the customer on the job and service issues and partners with the Sales team to address contract issues, product pricing, and product availability
* Ensures follow up on all phone inquiries from customers, sales staff, product vendors and/or sub-contractors as well as researches and reports inventory variance discrepancies for the district
* Monitors District Profit and Loss (P&L) operational expenses and drives processes and procedures contributing to plan fulfillment
* Adheres to relevant Home Improvement production prospects and programs; assists in developing production strategies and processes, and enforces field implementation of production processes
* Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 5-10 years of related experience
* Up to 25% travel
* 18 years of age or older
* Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to relay information in a comprehensive manner to all levels of the business
* Ability to lead and influence behavior and change across different functions and teams
* Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access * Profit and Loss (P&L) and line management knowledge
* Strong organizational and project management skills
* Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills to maintain a good working relationship with a (1099) contractor workforce
* 4-year college degree
* Thorough knowledge of Sears Home Improvement business systems and procedures