We have an
opportunity in our Golden, CO
office for a Geologist or Construction Manager
with experience associated with fieldwork, geology, and construction oversight, who aspires to become an active
employee in a vibrant, well-established company..
Ideally, GHD is looking for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science or Engineering, or Geology,
or applicable work experience
- 10 years of management experience managing geology or construction
- Proficient management skills, including documentation, cost
control, scheduling, change order pricing and negotiating
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Our commitment to you
- Bidding and managing of geology/construction projects
- Field oversight and crew supervision
- Assume leadership responsibilities as expected of a manager
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work
- Plan, organize and staff key project positions through coordination with regional department heads
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards
- Initiate and maintain liaison with clients to coordinate scheduling activities and facilitate successful construction activities
- Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts
- Monitor and control project development
- Prepare, issue and update master project schedule and variance reports to ensure project is built on schedule and within budgets
- Manage all financial aspects of contracts (costs, billings and collections) to maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow while simultaneously maintaining a positive relationship with the client
- Manage risks and investigate potentially serious situations to circumvent problems or promptly implement corrective measures as required
- Actively pursue additional work through change orders
- Ensure project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements
- Attend job progress meetings as required and develop and maintain viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development with our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?About GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.