The Vice President, Application Architecture is responsible for the strategic and tactical direction for the business and IT system domains. Provides vision and leadership by championing key architect design and initiatives. Evaluates best practices and emerging technology trends in enterprise information technology. Provides direction, makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards including software, tools and platforms. Collaborates with key stakeholders and technology owners to ensure architectural consistency within the system integration landscape ensures alignment of core application areas including but not limited to: commerce, personalization, account and profile management, enterprise resource planning applications as well as the interfaces and database architecture that supports these applications. Develops a governance framework with a set of policies and guidelines for internal and external system integration plans. Collaborates with IT leadership during the evaluation of software, systems, vendor selections/product evaluations, operational needs assessment, implementation and/or, conversion of hardware or software to ensure out of the box capabilities of the core enterprise systems to meet optimal organizational requirements.
This role partners with Universal Parks technology groups, Universal Parks business groups, third party software and solution providers, and NBCU architecture teams to ensure the strategic architecture principles are followed in the delivery of solutions, and enterprise resources are leveraged as appropriate.
- Develop strategic architecture direction and design to drive implementation of the best in class architectural practices for key strategic systems. Provide application architecture, leadership for enterprise technology solutions. Leads the development of architecture road maps to support delivery of portfolio projects for Universal Parks & Resorts. Articulate the enterprise core system reference architecture frameworks and guidelines, and designs with program roadmap and business use cases in mind. Ensure designs support scalability, quality, performance, security, maintainability and architectural integrity, and ensure solutions are delivered in alignment with business requirements.
- Provides strategic direction of overall core system architecture of solutions of large scale, transformational programs to ensure consistency, quality and architectural integrity. Drive design of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services that can be leveraged by teams of developers, and provide leadership over product evaluations, proof of concepts, and product implementations.
- Collaborate with key stake holders and executive leadership within Parks and NBCU to ensure appropriate architecture frameworks and compliance with established security practices. Provide direction to leadership in identifying new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technologies that can be leveraged to create unique and effective solutions.
- Industry standards knowledge, best practices and enterprise architecture frame work and methodologies needed to recommend and participate in vendor selection and management. Responsible for the development and oversight of SOW’s, RFP’s, vendor evaluation and budgeting.
- 10+ years of leadership design experience in large scale technology architecture definition, and integration of new technologies and solutions.
- 10+ years of leading architecture teams in developing architecture road maps, reference architectures, and evangelizing adoption of architecture principles in the design and delivery of technology solutions.
- Experience with web and mobile development technologies/services, e-commerce platforms, operational and analytics data platforms, enterprise integration, and cloud computing.
- Experience in large scale design of complex multi-vendor system environment and distributed architectures, in providing architecture technology oversight, and leading a team of architects through large scale initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to support and implement an appropriate business aligned strategic architecture vision for global applications.
Solid understanding of systems, business, data and technical architecture disciplines including exposure to key methodologies and approaches.
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and with modern agile development methodologies and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables and ad hoc requests.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of general management, specifically around team member development, leadership skills, organizational skills, and managing/setting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues, program, and business interest related issues.
- Well developed, executive-level critical thinking and communication skills (written and oral).
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, computer science, or related field is required. Master’s degree in a technology discipline is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Preferred: Project management certification (PMI or similar) and/or certification in use of specific methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Agile, etc.
Request For Proposal