To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Island, NY
- National General Insurance
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Material Damage Specialist
National General Insurance • Long Island, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Responsible for training, mentoring, controlling quality and providing technical assistance on material damage for field staff, independent appraisal vendors and Direct Repair facilities. Ensure customer needs are satisfied while driving cost saving behaviors that center on accurate repair procedures to return damaged vehicles back to pre-accident condition. This is a field based position with the ideal location being the five boroughs of New York City, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Evaluate performance and skill level of field claim representative and/or DRP shops; identify training opportunities
- Conduct ride alongs and re-inspections with field claim representatives and/or DRP shops
- Serve as mentor and subject matter expert for field representatives, claim representatives, DRP representatives and managers on Material Damage issues; provide direction and advice to resolve complex material damage claims as needed
- Serve as a subject matter expert for audit questions and issues
- Review photos of vehicles deemed as potential total losses and takes ownership of those files to determine if they should be handled as repairable or as a total loss
- Handle routine and complex material damage claims with little or no supervision
- Provide guidance to field representatives on estimates exceeding $30,000.00
- Stay informed of changes in the collision repair industry as well as statutory and regulatory changes as they relate to material damage; communicate changes to FCR managers in their region
- Assist in developing estimating best practices and other company processes regarding material damage issues
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience in any combination of the areas: automobile estimates, collision repair and/or insurance environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Must possess appropriate state licensing and continuing education to keep license current
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with the claims processing system
- Proficient with approved automated estimating software and accompanying workflow management software
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Solid understanding of the processes and procedures in the following areas: structural damage, frame repair, refinishing, body repair and potential issues that may arise based on initial damages
- Ability to independently solve complex material damage issues
- Proficient understanding of insurance law as it relates to material damage claims in select territories
- Basic understanding of claim policies & procedures
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Successful completion of Estimate Writer training
- Successful completion of ICAR or other industry related courses or workshops (i.e. Chief Structural Damage Analysis, Chief Advanced Frame, Chief Advanced Steering and Suspension Analysis)
- Possess industry-related certifications (i.e. ASE Certification, ICAR Gold/Platinum Certification)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.