Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, Latin America and Africa. We are the largest onshore oil producer in the U.S., including in the Permian Basin, and a leading offshore producer in the Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit Oxy.com for more information.
Occidental strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Manager, Crude Marketing Accounting based in Houston, TX reporting to the Director, Marketing Accounting.
The following are job duties expected of the Manager:
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of 2 Supervisors and 17 accountants specializing in Crude Marketing Accounting
- Ensuring monthly close deadlines are met and constant communication with management on status
- Cultivate a strong team culture within the group to encourage collaborative and cross training within the team
- Develop and motivate team members
- Review and approve monthly journal entries as well as account reconciliations
- Ensure compliance of all SOX controls as they relate to the Financial Reporting group
- Preparing monthly close schedules
- Prepare numerous monthly management reporting packages in accordance with US GAAP
- Work closely with other departments in recording and analyzing financial data
- Assist with internal and external audit requests, as well as standalone audits
- Stay current on technical and industry knowledge
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related degree
- 10+ years industry accounting experience
- Manager/Supervisor experience
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Understanding of financial statements and relationships between accounts
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Advanced Excel skills
- Overtime required for monthly closing activities
- Marketing Accounting experience/background a plus
- Oracle experience a plus
- Allegro experience a plus
- CPA a plus
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles