Senior Software Engineer (Java/Microservice) Atlanta, Georgia, United States/Hybrid.
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical, and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey.
This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development, and maintenance of best-in-class software experiences. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility for the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S. Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating, and maintaining products.
- Takes full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code.
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability, and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping the customer experience in the forefront.
- Takes feedback from code review and applies changes to meet standards. Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
- Exhibits relentless focus on software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
- Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank's technology transformation.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Java 8
- 5+ years of expertise in large scale customer-facing enterprise Java applications using
- Spring Boot Frameworks, Spring Boot 2.0
- Rest API’s
- AWS Cloud Experience
- Has a complete understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and the feature's purpose
- Focuses on the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain in this analysis
- Creates project proposals and designs that have a considerable impact or touch multiple systems
- Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability, and ease of support
- Considers scalability, reliability, and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs
- Has a thorough understanding of the team's domain, how work in this domain relates to the team's objectives and deliverables and how it contributes to overall business strategy, and how technical strategy maps to this
- Understands the organization's company strategy and how the engineering strategy aligns with this
- Thoroughly understands the business model in relation to their current product focus area
- Looks for opportunities to simplify the product and technical design
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors, and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources, and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans, and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- Code Review
- Customer Experience
- Dev Ops