To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Guaynabo, Guaynabo 00969
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Puerto Rico FEMA Disaster Assistance - Civil Engineers
CH2M & Jacobs • Guaynabo, Guaynabo
Posted 1 month ago
Job Purpose: We are looking for Civil Engineers to help support our FEMA client in Puerto Rico in response to the Hurricane Recovery efforts. Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work in Puerto Rico, we are seeking local candidates in Puerto Rico.
Jacobs has a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC) to provide technical assistance support for FEMA disaster related operations in Puerto Rico.Our Program Management Team is building a roster of individuals in Puerto Rico, who would be interested in supporting our Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC).
FEMA uses the PA TAC to obtain architectsengineers, consultants, and other related professional services to assist state and local municipalities in developing grant applications for Federal Public Assistance funding for the repair of their infrastructure damaged by natural or man-made disasters (buildings, power, roads, bridges, hospitals, schools, water treatment facilities, etc.).
In these roles, you may have the following general responsibilities:
• Conduct site assessments, and write damage descriptions, scopes of work to repair/replace damaged public infrastructure, and develop cost estimates for the Federal funding of the projects.
• Write Project Worksheets (PWs) for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility/structure to restore it to its pre-disaster design.
• Provide technical, cost estimating, and disaster recovery and/or management services while supporting technical professionals.
• Interpret construction work to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications as well as FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
• Conduct preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
We are looking for Civil Engineers interested in working on the PA TAC. Please note, qualified candidates for the FEMA Flex positions must be U.S. citizens, able to pass a FBI background check, be able to mobilize within 48 hours of contracts awarded, and open to working 8-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week in remote, disaster conditions.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based on the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of this specific disaster work in Puerto Rico, selected candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- We will accept a minimum of 2 years of experience in Civil Engineering.
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check prior to becoming eligible to deploy. This background check process is extremely time sensitive and qualified candidates must be willing to complete within 7 days.
- Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours, commit to a minimum 90-day assignment in remote locations and disaster conditions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 6-10 years of experience in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Licensure as a Civil Engineer.
- Prior FEMA disaster response and recovery experience in one of the following areas: Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist (Sections 404 and 406), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist is preferred.
- Certification in your technical field of Construction Management is preferred.
- Qualified candidate has completed already or will complete the required FEMA Training Courses (IS-632 and IS-634). This training must be completed prior to mobilizing for any FEMA disaster work.
- Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work in Puerto Rico, candidates must have excellent communication skills.
- The initial work for FEMA may be 8-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week. Rotations home approximately every 45-60 days (5-7 days) are provided to each deployed staff as approved by FEMA management.
- Due to the nature of this specific FEMA disaster work in Puerto Rico, we are seeking local candidates in Puerto Rico.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>