Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Your role in helping us shape the future:
This position is with Intelsat’s RF Engineering team. Part of the Network Engineering organization, this team is responsible for providing new and re-engineered ground infrastructure solutions for Intelsat and customer RF/antenna, communications, and monitoring systems. These solutions consider appropriate redundancy, availability, scalability, and manageability requirements to support spacecraft Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C), In-Orbit Testing (IOT), and Transfer Orbit Support Services (TOSS) as well as Commercial Services offerings. The RF service chain accessing the space segment component of the network is a key enabler for Intelsat’s business in transforming the customer experience by bringing to market new products and services based upon Intelsat’s vision of globalized connectivity without boundaries in the Mobility, Broadband, Broadcast media and Government sectors.
As a part of this team, the Associate Engineer will be working with seasoned engineers to help perform RF ground infrastructure design requirement analysis, develop and implement infrastructure system architectures, conduct product research, and implement component life-cycle management. Work will also include system and product level verification testing in a lab environment on modems, upconverters, and high-power amplifiers utilizing RF test equipment devices such as spectrum analyzers, power meters, and vector network analyzers.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Contribute to drafting Statements of Work, cost estimates, test plans, procedures and reports as required.
- Conduct lab testing of component and end-to-end systems to validate technical performance specifications.
- Develop and track system documentation of designs, architecture and site drawings.
- Participate in meetings and activities to support Network Engineering projects and initiatives.
- Provide inputs to RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, and SOWs to include compliance matrices.
- Work with internal and external customers to clarify technical issues and implement new services.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelors degree
- Less than 1 year work experience
- Working knowledge of basic RF principles, communication theory, and test equipment operation.
- Ability to think analytically and use data from systems to correlate and solve issues.
- Comfortable working with various Microsoft software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of L-band, C-band, Ku-band, and Ka-band RF systems.
- Knowledge of various Modulation and Coding schemes for digital communications systems.
- Exposure to satellite operator teleport ground infrastructure RF systems.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.