To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5412 Bolsa Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SCS Engineers • Huntington Beach, CA
Posted 2 months ago
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment, site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee-owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?Job Summary
Under direct supervision, assists with the installation and support of network communications for customers. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations involving readily identifiable problems. Assists in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. The RMC Network Engineer can be based in any SCS office or work remotely, but will be reporting to the Huntington Beach office.Organizational Relationships
Takes direction from Remote Monitoring and Control (RMC) Regional Manager.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance to SCS RMC personnel and SCS RMC clients during responses to emergency work requests.
- Troubleshooting of network failures and errors.
- Diagnoses, isolate and resolve routine to moderately/highly complex network related problems ensuring timely results and minimal disruption of operations, and reports findings to the SCS RMC Team.
- Assists the SCS RMC Team with developing, monitoring, and implementing network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems.
- Performs facility surveys for network communications and makes recommendations to the RMC Regional Manager for the layout and location of network components, equipment, cabling, and wiring.
- Maintains detailed records of work completed.
- Prepares detailed network documentation for all deployments, including diagramming and configurations.
- Manages network management programs and tools and assists the SCS RMC Team in preparing network status reports.
- Travels to and from remote locations where required to assist in deployments.
- Ordering and specifying industrial networking and wireless hardware.
- Responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of SCS RMC networks, including but not limited to an intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN).
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience required. We are looking for experience with several firewall environments either new installations or upgrades to a redundant format where projects were brought in on time and under budget while dealing with the difficult interaction of Security, Internet, Networking and M2M applications. Also managed the industrial automation network environments. Familiar with networking and security issues associated to Spark Plug B and MQTT specifications.
- Minimum of 2 AWS Cloud certifications and a strong understanding of the Amazon AWS environment required.
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at email@example.com.