To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Manager
PAE • Arlington, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldInformation Technology Manager
Reports To: Assistant Deputy Program Manager
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Information Technology (IT) Manager. This individual will be responsible for the operational oversight of local communications and computer information systems. The IT department provides IT support for each level of user requirements in the areas of hardware and software operations. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned but are not all inclusive. The position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan and potential applicants must be willing to live and work at the assignment location.
- Manage the IT department personal and equipment providing optimum service to internal and external customers and our client with minimal interruptions
- Manage the IT Security Program
- Provide support for all IT and communications services including company provided mobile devices and VoIP phone systems
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, subordinates, base staff personnel and headquarters personnel
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective IT department
- Adheres to the procedures, guidelines, regulations, policies, directives, plans and instructions established for the IT Department and contained within all associated contracts
- Evaluate and report on new technologies to enhance capabilities
- Maintain and document the network infrastructure, server infrastructure, and desktop/laptop computers at a level of functionality and security required by PAE and Customer policies and procedures
- Maintain equipment/data/software availability and disaster recovery; provide system administration, diagnostics, and repair of network equipment, firewalls, computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, communications, televisions and ancillary equipment
- Assist in planning and design of support systems; Install, configure and test computers, printer, and other peripherals
- Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot communication equipment supporting both wired and wireless networks
- Assist with training on applications as necessary
- Utilize and train others on current testing and diagnostic equipment at locations with limited vendor support
- Willing and able to work independently and within a structured team environment
- Willing and able to work in an austere environment and will be on-call 24/7
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds of equipment or materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience being directly responsible for the security of IT systems
- Hands-on Microsoft (MS) Windows Server 2008 (or later) administration experience
- Hands-on Experience managing enterprise/public Wi-Fi installations.
- Hands-on network device administration experience (Router, Switch, Firewalls)
- Experience troubleshooting MS Operating Systems, MS Office Suites, Cisco switches, and related systems and network connectivity
- Experience with inside/outside plant network cable installation and management
- Regional experience as well as experience managing subcontractors in a threat environment is desirable
- Experience managing rule based firewalls and/or UTMs.
- Experience managing enterprise Anti-Malware deployments
- Experience with VoIP systems (Cisco Call Manager, Asterisk, etc.)
- Experience in Windows PowerShell for use in administration automation and monitoring preferred
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical or managerial field preferred. Additionally, certification in one of the following is required: MCSE 2003, MCITP 2008, MCSA 2012, or MCSA 2013. A current Security+ CE or equivalent certification and a current Cisco/Networking certification is highly desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with at a minimum of 1 year of experience as an IT team supervisor/team lead.
- Security Vetting: Must successfully obtain a MRPT Security Clearance. Must maintain eligibility at the required security level for the duration of the contract.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with all levels of employees and vendors. Ability to speak Pashto and/or Dari helpful.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
- Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.