To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nampa, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
19K M1 Armor Crewman
Army National Guard • Nampa, ID
Posted 29 days ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
As an M1 Armor Crewman, you’ll keep your unit ready to roll. You will operate tanks like the M1A2 Abrams. one of the most sophisticated pieces of military equipment in the world, and other amphibious assault vehicles to engage and destroy the enemy. Your duties may require you to drive armored equipment; identify and pursue targets; and fire weapons to take out enemy forces or positions.
• Operate tracked and wheeled vehicles over various terrain
• Use communications equipment to receive and relay battle orders
• Read maps, compasses, and battle plans
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Armor offensive and defensive tactics
• Map reading and scouting techniques
• Field combat strategy
• Readiness to accept a challenge
• Top physical and mental shape
Besides becoming familiar with the operation of the mechanics/repair industry, the discipline, teamwork, and leadership skills you develop as an M1 Armor Crewman can be applied in any civilian career.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an M1 Armor Crewman requires 15 weeks of One Station Unit Training, which consists of Basic Training to learn basic Soldiering skills, and Advanced Individual Training to learn your specialty in depth. Part of this time is spent in a classroom and part in the field under simulated combat.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.