To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Grand Island, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
SR PROJECT ENGINEER - Manufacturing IT
Fresenius Kabi • Grand Island, NY
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About Fresenius Kabi
Fresenius Kabi is a global health care company that specializes in lifesaving medicines and medical technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. Our expansive portfolio of products and global network of science and manufacturing centers provide essential support for the care of critical and chronically ill patients. We are part of Fresenius SE, a health care group with more than 100 years of experience in pharmaceuticals, medical devices and life sciences. Our employees – more than 30,000 worldwide – develop and deliver injectable pharmaceuticals and infusion systems; blood collection, transfusion and cell technologies; and essential nutrients for parenteral nutrition.
Whether you work for us, buy from us, partner with us, or invest in us, you will come to know that caring is at the core of everything we do. Our purpose is to put lifesaving medicines and technologies in the hands of people who care for patients, and to find answers to the challenges they face every day.
This position will be responsible for design, implementation and subject matter expert support of new and existing Manufacturing IT infrastructures across multiple sites including the physical and logical design and implementation of manufacturing networks, design and implementation of Virtual Machine server farms, SCADA system integration, MES / ERP integration.
- Ensure timely and within budget completion of the projects as assigned by his/her manager.
- Evaluates the feasibility of conceptual projects and prepares detailed analysis, including time and cost for completing the projects.
- Assures that assigned projects are in compliance with State, Federal and local codes which encompass environmental protection, FDA and OSHA requirements.
- Communicate and report status of each project to the management and department that sponsors the project.
- Design and implement Operational Technology Networks (Manufacturing Networks).
- Design and implement cyber security hardware and software.
- Design and implement Virtual Machine Server farms or Data Centers.
- Design and implement Site Data Historian and other SCADA applications.
- Responsible for integration of Manufacturing Devices with MES applications.
- VMware and Windows Server Administration, including design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and optimization.
- Directs and coordinates activities of various vendors for each project to eliminate any potential conflict and assures that vendors comply with all the safety rules and regulations.
- Prepares URS, Risk Assessments, Safety Assessments associated with the project.
- Prepare specifications for projects to include all dimensions, electrical, mechanical and utility considerations.
- Develop bid packages by comparing vendors/contractors as selected.
- Select contractor(s) and award jobs.
- Supervise the execution of the project(s).
- Act as the System Administrator for the MIT infrastructure including network, data center hardware, Virtual Machines, Backup and Restore solutions as well as Cyber Security.
- Must have a BS in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related IT field.
- 5 years of experience in design of IT and OT converged networks from equipment level to enterprise wide networks.
- Proficient in firewall concepts with 5 years of experience in configuration as well as design and implementation of DMZs in IT/OT converged networks.
- 5 years of Experience in designing, troubleshooting, and optimizing plant floor networks.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines with 5 years of experience in creation and maintenance of Virtual Machines.
- Expert Knowledge of data communications principles and practices.
- Expert knowledge of industrial network topologies, protocols, switching and routing infrastructure, and physical cabling.
- Expert knowledge of security solutions utilized in SCADA/Control systems environments.
- Strong knowledge of VMware environment including vCenter, vSphere & ESX.
- Some Experience in design and implementation of Time Series Databases such as SQL Server or OSI Pi.
- Desirable to have knowledge in either Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley) or Siemen PLC Programing software.
- Desirable to have knowledge of ANSI / ISA 99 standards (Security for Industrial Automation and Control Systems)
- Desirable to have any of the following Cisco certifications: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner).
- Desirable to be certified as a VMWare Certified Advanced Professional
- Desirable to be certified database administrator in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have a good understanding of budgeting and cost control.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Desirable to have some academic background in Project Management.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability, and 401K with company match.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disabilities, or protected veteran status.