To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, CA 94533
- Dianna Ngo
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Chemist (Fairfield, CA)
Kelly Scientific Resources • Fairfield, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Senior Chemist Fairfield, CA Temp to Hire $25-32/hr depending on experience The Senior Analytical Chemist oversees all functions of the Analytical Laboratory. He/she will conduct or supervise all physical, analytical and chemical testing; develop and validate analysis methodology for raw materials, packaging materials and in-process and finished product testing; and be directly responsible for the laboratory training, laboratory standard and chemical inventory, instrumentation preventative maintenance programs and laboratory organization. The Senior Analytical Chemist reports directly to the Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA/QC) Director. He/she interfaces with QA/QC, R&D, Production, Purchasing and Shipping & Receiving. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Manage the analytical testing programs, including, but not limited to:
- Verifying data and technique of all analytical chemists and ensuring that analyses are consistent with methodology and conform to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s).
- Designing and implementation of Quality Control (QC) Laboratory testing programs including writing, reviewing, and/or implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), performing testing, reporting results and ensuring proper training is conducted.
- Performing or reviewing analytical, chemical and physical testing to support QC, R&D and validation testing programs.
- Working with the QA/QC Director and the Analytical Laboratory personnel to develop, validate and maintain analysis methods for quantification of new materials and/or products.
- With Information Technology (IT), maintain periodic back up of electronic data as well as hard copies of all stability data and methods
- Conduct an annual performance review of the Analytical Laboratory personnel for the QA/QC Director to review.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of analytical data and reference information to appropriate departments in a timely manner and notifying affected departments in the event of delay or specification failure.
- Initiates Out of Specification (OOS) investigations as appropriate for nonconforming products and inform the QA/QC Director. Maintain the OOS documentation record log.
- Perform or schedule periodic lab instrument maintenance as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot, repair or arrange service for analytical instruments as needed.
- Maintain accurate completion of all instrument use and maintenance logs.
- Purchase, track, ensure proper use and storage of all reference materials for the Analytical Laboratory.
- Ensure that all samples, reagents and standards prepared in the Analytical Laboratory are properly prepared, labeled, recorded and disposed of.
- Maintain department supplies, anticipate and order in a timely fashion.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Abide by company policies, safety regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s).
- Meet or exceed the requirements set forth in the Standards of Performance.
- The Senior Analytical Chemist shall be responsible for the scheduling of analytical personnel hours and for the sample analyses to be conducted. He/she shall regularly review, evaluate and/or instruct others in the use of analytical equipment and compliance to company policies, SOP’s, safety regulations, GMP’s and GLP’s.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related science field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMP’s, GLP’s, technical experience in QC, analytical laboratory and/or manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise in an analytical setting strongly desired.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Secondary language skills desirable.
- Advanced science and math skills in addition to reasoning and qualitative abilities.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Operating systems.
- Specific training in analytical instrumentation software and backup.
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.