Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
As leader within the Pricing and Underwriting Operations team, you’ll be a member of a small but mighty team that is re-imagining the way we do business. You’ll be responsible for driving end to end requirements and development of our Next Gen Tool Suite and optimizing the supporting business processes. The role has direct interaction with technology partners, business partners and business area Subject Matter Experts to develop specific requirements and best solutions for accurate execution, automation and implementation. Our chosen candidate must demonstrate advanced knowledge of business processes, solid technical competence, attention to detail, exhibit solid oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Product Owner of OptumRx’s Pricing and Underwriting End to End processes and tools
- Manage the continuous improvement of processes and tools - drive culture of innovation and collaboration, with a specific focus of improving the Underwriter experience, improving QA/QC, instilling appropriate governance, enhancing analytics capabilities, and streamlining data flow
- Leverage knowledge to propose solutions to business problems in a dynamic work environment
- Lead process design and project implementation teams in process improvement activities
- Develop appropriate measurement approaches/metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of recommended solutions/process changes
- Diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools
- Communicate potential impacts and risks associated with implementing proposed solutions to business partners and relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g., senior leadership; end users) to gain support and buy-in for proposed business process solutions
- Develop relevant policies, procedures, and/or work tools to support new or updated business processes
- Report to relevant stakeholders (e.g., business sponsors; constituents) on benefits, challenges, and progress of solution implementation (e.g., risks and opportunities)
- Provide ongoing support to ensure proper implementation and adoption of the solution (e.g., post-deployment support, definition/monitoring of control plans)
- Maintain a robust roadmap for future iterations/innovations
- Change Management leader: As process improvements are made, ensure input and alignment across all teams through clear communication
- Utilize stakeholder (e.g., senior leadership; end user) feedback and/or process performance information to identify potential continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure that project requirements are clearly and comprehensively documented, understood and support traceability
- Create professional and informative presentation material for leadership updates
- Serve as a dependable and reliable resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in operations, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline - preferably at large, complex, fast-paced organizations
- Experience on a process redesign team
- Experience managing scope and resources, and meeting timelines and budget targets
- Experience interacting and communicating effectively with business stakeholders at various levels of the organization
- Experience with best practices/approaches related to business analysis, quality, and productivity
- Experience applying critical thinking to very detailed business scenarios
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Successful track record Leading Change and Transitions, with management of highly complex, multi-dimensional projects
- Demonstrated achievement of key operational metrics around efficiency, reporting and analytical capabilities, and management reporting
- Ability to work with developers and translate technical details to ensure business and IT are in sync with level of understanding
- PBM or healthcare experience
- Experience with Agile Project Methodology
- Smartsheet, PowerBI, Tableau and/or Power Apps experience
- Python or R for analytical model development experience
- Intermediate SQL or other relational database solution experience
- Knowledge of technology industry trends and tools
- Systems Thinking
- Leading Change and Transitions
- Managing Team Structures, Operations and Processes
- Facilitating Execution Plans
- Resilience & Resourcefulness
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.