Job ProfilePosition Overview
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. As a Relationship Manager within PNC's Retail Banking organization, you will be based in Western Springs, IL.
- Acquires and expands share of wallet for mass affluent client segment and Business Banking opportunities under 1MM in sales revenue. Achieves business results through leadership of and productive collaboration with a wide range of ecosystem partners. Responsible for proactive lead generation and appointments conducted inside and outside of branch. Delivers a differentiated client experience from acquisition through onboarding and servicing.
- Proactive lead management and referral generation--Leverages experience and acquired knowledge of bank products and services and positions appropriately to grow share of wallet and attract new mass affluent households. Responsible for managing and growing Business Banking relationships under 1MM in sales revenue. Takes action, using customer information from various sources and translates to actionable sales strategy and tactics. Generates quality referrals to ecosystem partners. Leverages tools and protocols to maximize business results.
- Develop ecosystem leadership inside and outside of the branch as a COI. Works across a broad range of ecosystem partners, including PNCI, PNC Private Bank, Business Banking and Mortgage. Identifies the resource or team of resources best equipped to meet customer needs and introduces the client accordingly. Holds partners accountable for routine updates and referral follow up.
- Customer experience management--differentiates the customer experience through advanced conversation skills. Delivers customer well being through tailored solutions aligned with customer needs. Solves customer problems courteously and with urgency, escalating where necessary. Acts as an advocate for mass affluent clients and prospects across product, support, operations or other departments within PNC, identifying trends and unique needs of the segment.
- Works with branch staff to help them identify mass affluent and business banking opportunities to create referrals. Works closely with the Branch Manager and Business Banker to follow up on independent opportunities to expand share of wallet with business clients
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Banking Products – Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Customer Experience Management. – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Digital Awareness – Shares, shows and supports clients on a variety of technological digital and online tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their financial goals and financial well-being through the PNC conversation.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Matrix Management – Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across department, functional, and geographic reporting lines.
Prospecting. – Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Understanding Customer Needs – Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different customers.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Relationship Banker (MLO).
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call
and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Relationship Banker (MLO)
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Relationship Banker (MLO) to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.
- Retail Banking
- Customer Experience
- Matrix Management