We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Co-Op Manufacturing Engineering
Job Description Summary
AAM is seeking candidates that are passionate about manufacturing engineering, excel academically, demonstrate leadership capabilities, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates must be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Candidates must also be able to present evidence of academic excellence.
- Assist with process engineering activities associated with assigned manufacturing area(s).
- Manage engineering changes as they occur.
- Assist with troubleshooting daily production problems through root cause analysis techniques as they occur.
- Maintain quality & process documentation - Control plans, PFEMAS, Picture Process Sheets, Tooling Sheets, etc.
- Perform tolerance stack-ups to assist with tooling design.
- Develop and maintain program-tracking documentation.
- Adhere to Engineering Corporate policies and procedures.
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Education
- Candidates must be enrolled as a student from an accredited college or university and working towards BS in engineering or related technical degree field.
- Graduation of December 2023 or later.
- Must be available to work at least 20 hours per week during school periods or ability to work in a rotational plan.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn other programs used by various AAM departments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and high attention to detail and accuracy of information is required.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Co-Op Manufacturing Engineering
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
- Attention To Detail
- Interpersonal Skills