One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Oak Plains Academy is seeking a dynamic and talented Registered Nurse.
Oak Plains Academy is a comprehensive and highly structured 90-bed residential treatment center located on 25 acres of rolling hills in Ashland City, Tennessee. Oak Plains provides psychiatric and neurological treatment services for males and females, ages 5-17, who have significant history of emotional or behavioral issues. The clinical programs at Oak Plains Academy have been designed to address the needs of children and adolescents with a primary psychiatric/ neurological diagnosis. Residents receive an individualized treatment plan, geared to meet their personal needs. A professional team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, therapists, nurses, and teachers work closely with each resident to assist them to achieve there therapeutic and education goals.
This opportunity provides the following:
- UHS is a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug Plans
- 401K Plan with company match
- Generous paid time off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
We are seeking a dynamic Registered Nurse whose passion is working with children, especially in a Residential Treatment Center. This position will be Day Shift and will work 3 12-hour days between Monday and Friday. Director of Nursing will discuss schedule at interview. If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the youth in our care, apply and join the dedicated team at Oak Plains Academy.
The Registered Nurse serves as a primary staff member performing routine health maintenance, medication administration, medical record documentation, and assists physicians and any other health care person al in the therapeutic milieu.
- Transcribes physician orders.
- Administers medication and medical treatment according to state, federal, and the facility guidelines.
- Documents all patient intervention and responses relating to resident’s behavior and treatment while at the facility.
- Maintain supplies for treatment and stock medication, always checking expiration dates.
- Assist residential counselors as needed.
- Assist physicians as necessary.
- Provide on coming shift nurses with accurate and informative report of shift activities.
- Abides by the philosophy, policies, and procedures as set forth by the facility.
- Attends unit meetings/in-services as required.
- Attends 40 hours of in-service/continuing education per year.
- Maintains strict code of resident confidentiality and promotion of resident rights.
- Ability or desire to learn venipuncture to obtain necessary blood samples.
- Prepare accurate documentation of incidents or any unusual happenings/events.
- Assist in scheduling of any “off-site” referrals necessary to the care of residents.
- Assist Nursing Manager in PI monitors as necessary.
- Assist dietitian with necessary data for proper assessment of residents.
- Any other duties as assigned to include all admission processes of residents.
- Use active listening skills and appropriate tone of voice, while offering a variety of positive coping skills to the residents.
- Always provide positive reinforcement and utilize tools from the TF-CBT training to help the resident regain control of their behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate all Service Excellence Standards and Principles.
- The Registered Nurse will rotate an ‘on-call’ (LIP) status with other Registered Nurses to perform duties required by the facility for one hour processing of Physical Restraints/ Holds.
- Must be currently licensed in the state of Tennessee.
- A minimum of Technical School/ 2 Years College/ Associate’s Degree with TN License is required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience is preferred.
- Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy. Satisfactory health, strength, and stamina to meet the physical, mental, and emotional demands and stressors that position requires: walking, running, standing, lifting, irregular working hours, and assisting with the restraint.