To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrison, NY 10577
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
WESTMED Practice Partners • Harrison, NY
Posted 2 months ago
The Senior Accountant will be focus on a variety of areas within the accounting/finance function. They will have assignments as part of the monthly close process that include performing account reconciliations, cost allocations and journal entry preparation as well as taking on a reviewer role. Finally, there will also be an analytical component to this role that will require the compilation of reports and analysis of trends.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to aid in the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close work flow
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures, including allocations, account reconciliations, journal entries and reporting
- Shares review responsibilities for journal entries and other close tasks
- Assist with analyzing financial statements and ratios on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with preparing documentation for financial and tax audits
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Creation and Analysis of Ad Hoc reports and using Workday Software
- Assist in the compilation and review of key financial and operational performance metrics on a monthly basis
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- CPA track preferred
- 2-4 years accounting/finance experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of SQL strongly preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
Here at WESTMED Practice Partners, one of the most successful management services organizations in the United States health care community, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations.
WESTMED Practice Partners is a healthcare management services company that has evolved from the success of the Westmed Medical Group, one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in the country. In partnership with our clients, the mission of WESTMED Practice Partners is to improve the health of the communities we serve. We seek to grow the quality and efficiency of outpatient healthcare services by the design and management of free-standing, comprehensive medical offices with a focus on primary care. For more information, visit our web site at www.westmedpartners.com
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.