Person Memorial Hospital
Manages the application, appointment, reappointment process in accordance with medical staff bylaws, rules, and regulations. Assists Director with other database and tasks related to Risk Management, PI, Compliance and the Medical Staff Office.
Processes incoming and outgoing documents, forms and payments according to established procedures (e.g. payroll, application, transactions).
- Reviews incoming documents or forms to verify that information supplied is correct and complete.
- Requests additional information when records or forms are incomplete or incorrect, and updates records.
- Selects proper forms or documents to use for conducting departmental activities (e.g. payroll forms).
- Classifies and/or codes data accurately, using Hospital and/or agency guidelines.
- Transcribes data, statistics, codes or other information accurately onto forms or into systems to process appropriately.
- Secures authorizing signatures on records, forwards documents to appropriate department, company or agency, and retains a copy of the transaction as required.
- Files charts, films, and other records manually according to departmental filing systems.
- Retrieves charts, films, and other records from files as requested, following established procedures for documenting files.
- Purges records and files as requested.
Schedules events and activities or makes facilities assignments effectively.
- Schedules and/or reschedules appointments, meetings, events and/or activities effectively, meeting specifications while accommodating conflicts.
- Makes facilities assignments by matching the needs of the requestor with available facilities.
- Makes and confirms travel and entertainment arrangements in accordance with Hospital policy.
-Notifies and informs participants of details of final schedule or assignment in a timely manner.
- Maintains calendar of events, updating when necessary.
Document Processing 2
Processes various types of documents (e.g. applications, payroll, records, and manuscripts) according to departmental guidelines.
-Reviews incoming forms/documents to verify that information supplied is correct and complete.
- Requests additional information (e.g. by mail, phone, Internet) to complete or correct documents, and updates records accordingly.
- Reviews requested actions and evaluates background information against departmental standards to make preliminary determinations for disposition.
- Make periodic status reviews of documents and forms, updating for changes in disposition.
- Processes outgoing documents correctly by transcribing data and codes accurately and securing all necessary signatures.
Maintains effective coordination of ongoing or specific activities to accomplish work activities and program goals.
- Develop and maintains contacts with others (e.g. patients, visitors, employees, maintenance personnel, vendors) to coordinate interrelated activities effectively.
- Maintains efficient operations by making timely requests to others and responding quickly to requests.
- Keep others informed of progress on work activities to ensure efficient coordination of activities.
Files and Records Maintenance
Records, maintains, and files information according to procedure; as required for accurate and up-to-date departmental records.
- Sets up, organizes, and maintains orderly files and record-keeping systems.
- Creates and maintains accurate records, files, and logs needed for departmental records; entering, updating, and/or recording information accurately and in a timely manner.
-Files and retrieves records and other materials in a systematic, orderly fashion; inspecting records for completeness when appropriate.
- Updates and/or purges data as needed to maintain current files and/or records.
Develops detailed courses of action to ensure special events or projects are executed properly or departmental programs are administered effectively.
- Determines or recommends specific plans for an event, project or program (e.g. dates, location, services needed).
-Determines actions necessary to complete an event/project or administer a program, with close attention to detail.
- Sets deadlines, monitors progress, and adjusts actions as necessary to meet deadlines.
Composes, prepares and edits written and/or graphic materials (e.g. letters, correspondence, reports, proposals, brochures) using correct grammar and format, and meeting content requirements.
- Composes letters, memoranda, reports, news releases and/or materials using established formats and content as guidelines.
- Drafts written material/reports independent of specific guides meeting requirements for content and style.
-Proofs and edits documents for completeness, consistency, and clarity; ensuring that correct format, style, guidelines and editorial standards are followed.
- Designs and prepares copy and/or layout for written and/or graphic materials.
Two year diploma in computer field or equivalent combination of Business related courses
Minimum Work ExperienceEqual opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Two years of experience in healthcare or related setting.