Consultant, Strategy & Insights - Corporate Development
This position is part of Deloitte's US Corporate Development function and sits within the Strategy & Insights team. This is an internal team with the mission to help Deloitte's leaders make winning choices on the firm's largest and most strategic organic and inorganic growth investments. Examples of projects that the Strategy & Insights team supports include:
* Organic investments related to cutting-edge technologies such as AI, Cyber, Cloud and Blockchain
* Advise and partner with firm leadership to shape Deloitte's acquisition priorities
* M&A deals and ecosystem partnerships to provide Deloitte with access to new technologies
* Major investments in high-growth service areas such as Sustainability, Climate and Equity
We are a high-performing team that prides itself on exceptional service and the ability to deliver high impact recommendations and build long-term trusted partnerships with our stakeholders. Note that the role is not client-facing and requires limited domestic travel for project-related meetings with business partners. The team is remote, and the role can work from home or from one of Deloitte's local offices if desired. Preferred locations include cities in Eastern and Central time zones, e.g., Minneapolis, Chicago, Miami, New York, Boston.
What You'll Do
As a Corporate Development Strategy & Insights Consultant, you'll work on a team that serves as a trusted advisor to firm leaders to shape Deloitte's future through inorganic and organic investment opportunities. You will:
* Provide service excellence by leading workstreams or components (e.g., assess market dynamics & size) of large, complex growth strategy efforts
* Use a hypothesis-driven, needs-based research approach and engage in hands-on market testing of customer needs, competitive dynamics, solution-market fit, and operational requirements to support the development of end-to-end strategies
* Design detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis work associated with developing meaningful insights to understand and address clients' biggest challenges
* Participate in the development of storyboarding and slide development to effectively translate market findings into strategies or actionable recommendations for C-level executives
* Work closely with Deloitte's senior leaders to help in development of end-to-end strategies and operational excellence, e.g., pricing strategy development
How You'll Grow
Due to Corporate Development's specialized and focused mission, our team members have the incredible opportunity to work with senior leaders across the firm on high impact growth projects. This gives us the unique chance to interact with, observe, and learn from some of the most highly regarded thought leaders in a variety of industries, all while developing specialized capabilities for the firm's highest priority areas.
Professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. The firm provides access to advanced training programs and expert-taught workshops as well as mentoring and coaching to help you grow. Within Corporate Development and across Deloitte, we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to increasing responsibility to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling, and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization.
What You'll Need
* A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience in growth strategy
* Demonstrated experience in growth strategy development and market assessment frameworks
* Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative findings from primary research, major secondary sources, and databases into leadership-level presentations
* Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Experience conducting structured, time-bound competitive and market research
* Outstanding oral and written communication, including advanced PowerPoint slide building and proficiency in storyboarding
* Strong Excel skills and experience with structuring and analyzing large quantities of data
* A growth mindset with intrinsic-motivation, pride of ownership, and intellectual curiosity
* Collaborative workstyle and ability to effectively work remotely while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Willingness to travel on a limited basis as needed on projects
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
What's Nice to Have
* Experience in developing market size estimates using secondary market research
* Experience in designing interview guides and conducting expert interviews
* Survey design / construction / coding and analysis
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $59,035 to $96,970.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 133214
- Artificial Intelligence
- Concept Testing