has an immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Image Processing Software Engineer
at its Sioux Falls, SD
location. KBR is the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS
) Center near Sioux Falls
. The multidisciplinary staff, in partnership with NASA, uses their unique expertise in remote sensing-based science and technologies to carry out research, data acquisition, information access and management and archive preservation to provide satellite ground imagery data to users and science organizations around the world. This effort represents the world's longest continuously-acquired collection of space-based moderate-resolution land remote sensing data with over four decades of imagery. Core Responsibilities:
The Image Processing Software Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing tasks required in the development of software products. Responsibilities include:
- Communicate and coordinate activities and technical status with the Software Engineering Lead, Systems Engineer, and other Project team members, as appropriate.
- Ensure all software activities are conducted in accordance with the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Provide support for software planning including software requirements definition, activity identification, and estimating.
- Perform and document preliminary and detailed design of components making up a software product.
- Perform code development for assigned tasks.
- Develop and conduct unit testing.
- Document the testing effort through generation of test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Capture software metrics.
- Submit, analyze, and manage configuration change requests in accordance with established Configuration Management (CM) processes.
- Ensure proper process is followed and documentation is properly maintained.
- Participate in peer reviews.
: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field. Experience
: 2-3 years of related experience in a Software Engineering environment is desired. Experience with image processing, satellite ground systems and/or cloud computing are a plus. Required Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodology.
- C/C++ knowledge.
- Relational database knowledge.
- Unix/Linux experience.
- Perl experience
- Python experience
- GUI Development
- Image processing
Candidates must have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills, and a teamwork emphasis. Candidates must also be able to integrate into a highly-skilled Information Technology Team.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the KBR website (http://www.sgt-inc.com
This position may be filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.KBR is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
C++ (Programming Language)
C (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Perl (Programming Language)