WesleyLife has been certified as one of 2018's Great Places to Work! Are you looking for a career where you are a vital part of a team, providing quality end of life care to our patients and their families?
Do you want to feel that you have made a difference in the lives of the people you serve? If so, WesleyLife
would like to speak to you! Our Hospice team is looking for Hospice Medical Social Workers
with their Master's degree who believe in rendering high quality, compassionate care and uncompromising service to our Hospice patients. Our program is growing, and we would like to have you help us achieve greater heights to serve more people at a very critical time of their lives.
As our Hospice Medical Social Worker, MSW
, you will:
- Provide wide range of psychosocial services to terminally ill patients and their families.
- Regularly assess the patient and family's psychosocial needs.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Implement the Plan of Care provisions to meet their needs, which include: social service goals for alleviating problems, supportive counseling, problem solving, community referrals pre-bereavement and bereavement care.
- Participates in caregiver, placement and discharge planning.
- Attend weekly inter-disciplinary meetings to identify risks that were not evident and/or assessed.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other psychosocial team members as assigned/directed by the Director of Hospice.
- Master's of Social Work degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education as well as one year of social work experience in a health care setting is required.
- Professional Licensure as a Social Worker in the State of Iowa is preferred.
- Clinical experience or formal training related to death, dying, and bereavement. Equivalent combination of specialized training, education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledgeable of hospice state and federal regulations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Long Term Care
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 900150.4
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.