To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Principal System Architect
DXC Technology • US-State-CA
Posted 1 month ago
Provides account team support for moderately complex projects/programs to include business and technical solutions for the bid process and the planning, design, implementation and support to ensure the information technology (IT) solutions strategy and architecture align with business strategy.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the subject matter expert for multiple portfolios of moderate complexity and serves as the system architecture authority within that scope.
- Defines complex technology-based business solutions within scope of project. Mentors and leads project teams in the appropriate use of technology.
- Identifies and evaluates technical architecture models utilizing knowledge of industry and technical trends. Reviews and approves design decisions prior to implementation to ensure adherence to prescribed guidelines.
- Advises client company management regarding IT vision and strategy, technology innovations and enterprise architecture services. Provides production problem diagnosis and technical, offshore strategy and processes support to project team. Implements resolution.
- Leads system design activities or reviews system designs to assure that applications solutions will exhibit expected levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Leads technology and product general assessments, detailed evaluations, and final selections.
- Leads system performance diagnosis and scalability assessment activities.
- Prepares IT vision and strategy work products, technology and product analysis, white papers, and responses to management queries on technology and product related topics.
- Participates in system solution definition for proposal efforts, as needed, to ensure business requirements are satisfied.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, or related field preferred
- Twelve or more years of information technology or technical architecture/design experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with company developed technology (the Company's Catalyst and/or equivalent or vendor-mandated methodology)
- Experience working with industry specific technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with the most senior levels of internal staff, management and clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Ability to set technical direction for multiple application portfolios
- Ability to identify how information technology can enable the achievement of business objectives
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work